Because stone-cutting decreases an opal’s weight, rounds and rondelles are becoming pricey and harder to come by. For a budget-friendly option, use opal chips, which are readily available and less expensive. Pair them with amazonite to highlight extra color.
Bracelet 7 in. (18 cm)
- 7–8 20 mm amazonite rectangle beads, double drilled
- 5-in. (13 cm) strand opal chips
- 1 g 11/0 seed beads, round
- flexible beading wire,.014 or.015
- 4 crimp beads
- 4 Wire Guardians
- 4 crimp covers
- two-strand clasp
- chainnose or crimping pliers
- diagonal wire cutters
Amazonite beads available from Lima Beads, limabeads.com. Opals from Janice Evert Opals, janiceevertopals.com. Check your local bead store for supplies.