1. Trace an outline of the dentelle onto a piece of beading foundation, leaving about 1 1⁄4 in. (3.2 cm) around all sides.
2. Tie an overhand knot at the end of 3 yd. (2.7 m) of Fireline or thread, and sew up through the back of the foundation along the outline. Using an even number of 11/0 cylinder beads, work a round of beaded backstitch around the outline.
3. Using cylinders, work four rounds of peyote stitch off of the beaded backstitch round to create a bezel, and place the dentelle inside it. Work a round with 15/0 seed beads and a round with 13/0 Czech Charlottes, pulling the beads taut to keep the dentelle encased.
4. Sew through the beadwork to exit a cylinder in a middle round of the bezel, and pick up an 8 mm round Czech glass or fire-polished bead. Working with the hole of the 8 mm perpendicular to the bezel, sew down through the foundation, back up, back through the 8 mm, and through the next few cylinders in the bezel (PHOTO A). Repeat to add a total of 10 or 11 8 mms around the bezel, making sure they are evenly spaced.
5. Sew through the beadwork to exit an 8 mm next to the bezel. Pick up two 3 mm magatamas, and sew through an adjacent 8 mm, the 8 mm your thread just exited, the pair of 3 mms, and the adjacent 8 mm again (FIGURE 1, a–b). A lot of thread will show between the 8 mms, but it will be hidden later. Sew through the following 8 mm, and pick up two 3 mms. Sew back through the previous 8 mm and the following 8 mm (b–c). Continue around, adding two 3 mms next to the bezel between pairs of 8 mms.
6. Sew through the beadwork to exit the first 3 mm of a pair of 3 mms. Pick up a 4 x 6 mm fringe drop, and sew through the next two 3 mms (PHOTO B). Repeat around to add a 4 x 6 mm between every other pair of 3 mms.
7. Sew through the beadwork to exit a 4 x 6 mm. Pick up a color C 4 mm bicone crystal, and sew through the next 4 x 6 mm. Repeat around to add a 4 mm between each pair of 4 x 6 mms. End the thread.