2. Work toward the bottom of the egg. Make sure the thread is exiting a middle 11/0 of any three 11/0s on the row. Pick up seven 110s and sew through the next middle 11/0 (FIGURE 1, a–b). Repeat around the egg until you are back at point a. Sew through the first four 11/0s added in this step (b–c).
3. Pick up a 15/0, a pearl, and a 15/0 (you can use a smaller pearl or crystal here, but you may have to fill in the gap with two 15/0s instead of one). Sew through the next middle 11/0 (c–d). Repeat around the egg until you are back at point c.
4. Repeat step 2 around the egg, ending at point c. Sew through the first four 11/0s added in this step.
5. Work the remaining rows alternating between crystals and seed beads in the following bead counts. Go through the point bead to start the next row.
Row 5: 11/0, 5mm bicone crystal, and 11/0.
Row 6: Seven 11/0s.
Row 7: 15/0, 5mm bicone crystal, and 15/0.
Row 8: Seven 11/0s.
Row 9: 15/0, 4mm round crystal, and 15/0.
Row 10: Seven 11/0s.
Row 11: 15/0, 4mm bicone crystal, and 15/0.
Row 12: Five 11/0s.
Row 13: 4mm bicone crystal.
6. Reinforce the last row of crystals with a second thread path and exit an 11/0.