1. On a comfortable length of Fireline or thread, pick up four 2 mm round beads, leaving a 6-in. (15 cm) tail. Working in cubic right-angle weave, make a row four cubes long (PHOTO A).
2. Working off the first row, make a second and third row of cubic right-angle weave.
3. To stitch the fourth row, refer to figure 1 to determine the placement of the 2 mm round crystals. In this row, you will add two 2 mms, one in each of the two center stitches. This completes the first layer of the crystal slide (PHOTO B).
4. To work the second layer, stitch four rows of cubic right-angle weave off the first layer, beginning with the front surface and working toward the back (PHOTO C).
5. Work three more layers, adding and ending thread as needed.