1. On a comfortable length of thread, attach a stop bead, leaving a 12-in. (30 cm) tail.
2. Using 11/0 Delica cylinder beads, work the pattern in flat even-count peyote stitch, starting at the bottom left-hand corner. End and add thread as needed.
3. Hold the band horizontally so the working thread is pointing away from you. To work the first edging stitch: With the working thread exiting the end cylinder in the last row, pick up three medium pink cylinders, sew down through the next edge cylinder, and sew up through the following edge cylinder (FIGURE 1, a–b).
4. To work subsequent edging stitches: Pick up three medium pink cylinders, and sew through the next edge cylinder. Sew through the beadwork to exit the second edge cylinder from the one you just sewed through (b–c). Repeat this stitch for the length of the edge, ending and adding thread as needed.
5. Sew through the beadwork to exit the end cylinder along the other edge. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for this edge.