1. Attach a stop bead to 1 yd. (.9 m) of thread, leaving a 6-in. (15 cm) tail.
2. Pick up a 2 mm round bead, an 11/0 seed bead, a 3 mm round bead, a 7 x 5 mm teardrop bead (narrow end first), an 11/0, an 8/0 seed bead, a color A 4 mm round bead, an 8/0, an 11/0, and a teardrop (wide end first). Sew back through the first three beads picked up in this step (FIGURE 1, a–b).
3. Pick up an 11/0, two 8/0s, an A 4 mm, and four 11/0s, and sew through the 11/0 below the previous teardrop (b–c).
4. Pick up three 11/0s, a 2 mm, a pewter drop, a 2 mm, and seven 11/0s, and sew back through the 11/0 closest tothe A 4 mm as well as the A 4 mm and the following 8/0 (c–d).
5. Pick up an 8/0, an 11/0, a 2 mm, an 11/0, a 3 mm, and a teardrop (narrow end first). Sew through the fifth 11/0 below the previous A 4 mm (FIGURE 2, a–b).
6. Pick up an 8/0, an A 4 mm, an 8/0, an 11/0, and a teardrop (wide end first), and sew back through the 3 mm, 11/0 and 2 mm added in the previous step (b–c).
7. Repeat steps 3–6 twice (c–d).
8. Sew through the next 11/0, two 8/0s, and two 11/0s at the top of the beadwork (FIGURE 3, a–b). Pick up an 11/0, and sew through the two 11/0s your thread just exited, and continue through the next two 8/0s and two 11/0s (b–c).
9. Pick up an 11/0, and sew though the two 11/0s your thread just exited, and continue through the next two 8/0s, 11/0, and 2 mm (c–d).
10. Sew through the beadwork to exit the last 11/0 added, with the needle pointing toward the other 11/0 added at the top of the piece (FIGURE 4, a–b). Pick up a color B 4 mm round bead, and sew through the other top 11/0 (b–c). Remove the stop bead, snugging up the beadwork if necessary, and end the threads.
11. Open a 4 mm jump ring, and slide it through an edge 11/0 at the top of the pendant. Attach an end link of chain, and close the jump ring. Repeat on the other side of the pendant with the remaining jump ring and the other end of the chain.