1. Add 1 yd. (.9 m) of thread to the band, and exit the first A along one edge with your needle pointing away from the band (FIGURE 2, point a).
2. Pick up five 15/0 seed beads. Skip one A along the edge of the band, sew through the next edge A with your needle pointing toward the band, and sew through the following edge A with your needle pointing away from the band (a–b).
3. Repeat step 2 for the length of the band.
4. Sew through the beadwork to exit the last A along this edge (point c), and continue through the last two 15/0s added in the last edging stitch (c–d). Skipping the center 15/0 in the stitch, sew through the next two 15/0s in the stitch (d–e). Pull the thread tight so the center 15/0 forms a point. Sew through the next two edge As in the band, and continue through the following two 15/0s added in the previous edging stitch (e–f).
5. Continue sewing back through the edging stitches, skipping the center 15/0s to form points, as in step 4. End the thread.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 on the other edge of the band.