1. On 12 in. (30 cm) of thread, center 17 15/0 seed beads, and tie the beads into a ring with a square knot. Do not pull the thread too tightly or the ring will be distorted.
2. Thread a needle on the tail, and sew back through eight 15/0s. With the other needle, sew through nine 15/0s in the opposite direction. Tie a square knot where the two threads meet. With each needle, sew through three 15/0s, and trim the threads. You may choose to secure the ends with a drop of glue.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 a total of 35 times to make 36 rings.
4. On 12 in. (30 cm) of thread, pick up 17 15/0s, and pass the strand through four rings (photo a). Tie the beads into a ring with a square knot. Repeat step 2.
5. Repeat step 4, passing the new strand through the same four rings. Position the rings in a 2+2+2 chain. Insert a twist tie through two end rings (photo b).