Use ladder stitch, tubular herringbone and tubular peyote stitch to create this basic rope necklace. Large-hole silver slider beads add a touch of embellishment. For the focal bead, we’re using the 2015 Bead&Button Show commemorative bead.
Get started with the first few steps of the rope in the instructions below. To view full instructions for this project, download the free PDF.
Necklace 16 in. (41 cm)
- 1 2015 Bead&Button Show commemorative bead by Andrea Gaurino-Slemmons (www.BeadAndButton.com/showbead)
- 6 8 mm large-hole slider beads (majorette, www.t-beads.com)
- 6 g 11/0 cylinder beads (Miyuki DB1851, galvanized light smoky pewter)
- 1 g 11/0 seed beads (Toho P470, permanent finish galvanized silver)
- 1 g 15/0 seed beads (Toho P470, permanent finish galvanized silver)
- 1 11 mm box clasp with crystal inset (cyclamen opal, www.agrainofsand.com)
- Fireline 6 lb. test
- beading needles, #12