Remember those money trees they sold at trinket shops back in the day? I always loved them and wanted to incorporate the concept into jewelry. You can also interpret this pendant as the Tree of Life, an ancient symbol that has been used to represent everything from human origins to the connectedness of all life on earth. Choose colors in seasonal shades or play with the whole rainbow!
Necklace 16 in. (41 cm)
- 150–175 2–3 mm crystal, gemstone, cubic zirconia, or faceted glass round beads or rondelles
- 40–45 mm hammered ring, or 10 in. (25 cm) 16-gauge wire and cylindrical object
- 7 ft. (2.1 m) 26-gauge wire
- 16 in. (41 cm) chain, 2–5 mm links
- 2–3 4–5 mm jump rings
- lobster claw clasp and soldered jump ring
- chainnose and roundnose pliers
- diagonal wire cutters
- bench block or anvil (optional)
- hammer (optional)
Silver hammered ring from Beading Dreams, beadingdreams.com. Check your local bead store for supplies.