When I make my rings, I see fiddlehead fronds in the spirals. The gemstones evoke the colors and romance of vibrant sunsets, golden woods, and starry nights. Create your own landscape around this swirling wire ring with a favorite focal bead accented by colored gemstones.
View the steps to this project in the gallery below, and download the free project PDF here for tips on making spirals, using a cup bur and determining your ring size.
- 10 mm teardrop bead
- 5 3 mm round gemstone beads
- 9 in. (23 cm) 16-gauge dead soft Argentium or sterling silver wire
- 4 1⁄2 ft. (1.37 m) 26-gauge gold wire
- ring mandrel
- 10 mm mandrel or stepped wire-wrapping pliers
- chainnose and roundnose pliers
- diagonal wire cutters
- pin vise and cup bur or emery board
- rubber or rawhide mallet
- chasing hammer and bench block
- tumble polisher (optional)
Silver wire from Rio Grande, 800.545.6566, riogrande.com. Gold wire from Artbeads.com, 866.715.2323.