Metal tubing is incredibly versatile: It can be used to make rivets, end caps, spacers, hinges, bezels, linings for beads, bangles, tube settings for gemstones, and in our case, earrings. This pair of large hoop earrings in copper and silver is easy to make and perfect for everyday wear.
Read the project instructions in the gallery below, or click here for the free project PDF.
- Copper tubing: 1⁄8-in. (3 mm) diameter, dead soft, 12 in. (30.5 cm)
- Sterling silver wire: 20-gauge (0.8 mm), dead soft, 3 1⁄2 in. (89 cm)
Additional tools & supplies
- 1 1⁄4-in. (32 mm)-diameter mandrel or PVC pipe
- Jeweler’s saw with #1 saw blade
- #2 Half-round hand file
- Flush cutters
- Steel stamps or texture hammer (optional)
- Patina (optional): liver of sulfur, ammonia and salt, green patina, or nail polish