Lucite beads — drops, disks, rounds, and saucers — are available in fun finishes, so mix them up in one standout necklace. Find cotton cord to suit your style: Go with a neutral for versatility or a contrasting bright for a pop of color. Then tie it all together with one basic knot.
Necklace 16–21 in. (41–53 cm)
- 39–57 6–13 mm Lucite beads
- 15–18 ft. (4.6–5.25 m) waxed cotton cord, 1 mm diameter
- flexible beading wire, .014 or.015
- 2 4–5 mm jump rings
- 2 crimp ends
- 2 Bead Stoppers (optional)
- 2 pairs of pliers, including chainnose
- diagonal wire cutters
Lucite beads from The Beadin’ Path, 877.922.3237, beadinpath.com. Waxed cotton cord from Beadaholique, 866.834.4618, beadaholique.com. Check your local bead store for supplies.