Ribbon embroidery on flat peyote might seem like an unlikely pairing, but the trim helps create a delicate peyote choker with a feminine design. Use a threaded beading needle to anchor the ribbon to the piece and embellish with beads, pearls and crystals.
Below, you’ll find instructions on how to create the peyote strip for this choker. To download full instructions that include directions to make the drapes and dangles and add the embroidery, click here.
• 5g Japanese cylinder beads in each color: lined pale yellow AB (#53), opaque rich cream AB (#157), and pale pink pearl (#234)
• 1 10mm Flower-shaped button
• 12-14 3 or 4mm Swarovski bicone crystals clear
• 4-6 4mm Swarovski bicone crystals in each color: clear crystal, jonquil, and Rosaline
• 1 8mm Pearl or bead for closure
• 7-10 3mm Pearls
• 5-7 4mm Pearls
• 1 5mm Pearl
• 10 in. (25cm) 3mm Silk ribbon, pale peach
• 1 yd. (.9m) 3mm Silk ribbon, cream
• Nymo B and O
• Beading needles, #10 or 12
• Ribbon embroidery needles