Here at Bead&Button, June is an exciting time, and not just because it brings the first reliably warm weather of the year. What we're really jazzed about is the Bead&Button Show, which is starting later this week! With hundreds of beading and jewelry-making classes along with a three-day marketplace (which is open to the public June 10-12), the Bead&Button Show is the single best place for beaders and jewelry makers to be in early June!
While I love the hands-on learning and shopping, hands down, my favorite part of the Show is the BeadDreams exhibit, which is a stunning display of our annual juried competition celebrating artistry in beading and jewelry making. As always, the finalists this year are amazing. The gorgeous pieces from around the world are vying for prizes in 10 different categories:
- Crystal Jewelry (sponsor: Swarovski Elements)
- Finished Jewelry (sponsor: Rio Grande)
- Handmade Buttons and Beads (sponsor: ISGB)
- Metal Clay (sponsor: Cool Tools)
- Metalwork (sponsor: Rings & Things)
- Ms. Maddie's Fabulous Florals (sponsor: Ms. Maddie's Blooms and the Berelowitz Family)
- Beaded Objects and Accessories (sponsor: Rings & Things)
- Polymer Clay (sponsor: Fire Mountain Gems & Beads)
- Seed Bead Jewelry (sponsor: John Bead)
- Wirework (sponsor: Beaducation)
Also to be awarded are the Best In Show, the Runner Up Best in Show, and the People's Choice Award (all sponsored by Fire Mountain Gems & Beads).
And this is where you come in!
Every year, Show attendees get to vote for their favorite BeadDreams piece to receive The People's Choice Award. We know not everyone can make it to the Show, but we still want to give everyone a chance to vote. Please cast your vote here! And be sure to share the link with family and friends and ask them to vote also. Voting is open June 1–10.
CAST YOUR VOTE HERE